- "I’m the very definition of half-baked…"
- ―Aoyagi Toya
Aoyagi Toya (青柳冬弥) is a first-year student at Kamiyama High School. He is a member of the street music group Vivid BAD SQUAD.
Toya's father raised him exclusively with classical music, learning the piano and violin. He had an extraordinary sense of music due to being educated since a very young age. His father, however, used to isolate and force him to study classical music 24/7, causing him to despise his father and by association the entirety of classical music. As such, he started performing everything else but classical music to spite his father.
At school, he is classmates with Kusanagi Nene. He is also a member of the school's library committee.
Toya has grey eyes. His hair is short and split into light and dark blue.
Toya's outfit consists of a white graphic tee with a red collar and a purple hoodie underneath a grey jacket with black and white accents, and black ripped jeans with a red belt and long grey straps attached to the back. He also wears a long necklace with a triangular pendant and large grey sneakers.
Toya is silent and calm but has a strong mind. He has trouble communicating with other people beside Akito. Usually, Toya gets misunderstood when he talks to someone else.
A list of characters Toya interacts with in the game.
Azusawa Kohane: Fellow group member. Toya understands her since they also had a problem communicating. however, after spending together with everyone, they finally communicated normally and became very good friends.
Shiraishi An: Fellow group member. Toya recognizes her talent.
Shinonome Akito: Fellow group member and best friend. Akito helped him find where he belongs and understands Toya's distant relationship with his father. They consider each other partners, and trust each other a lot. Toya has noted that he feels thankful to have Akito in his life.
Tenma Tsukasa: An upperclassman whom he looks up to. The two are childhood friends, as Tsukasa's mother is a piano teacher. In the Kamikou Festival event, Toya mentions that he considers Tsukasa his "savior", as it was Tsukasa who told him it was okay to do the things he wanted, and to not do things he hated. This gave Toya the courage to quit classical music, and he says if it weren't for Tsukasa, the person he was today wouldn't exist.
Kusanagi Nene: A classmate from 1-B.
Tenma Saki: Used to play together when they were very young. Toya occasionally asks Saki how she's doing, and sometimes gives her the prizes he wins from crane games.
Akiyama Mizuki: They met each other during the School Festival. Mizuki, Toya and Akito all go together to watch Tsukasa perform. Mizuki suggested they all sit in the front row to see the play up close, as Toya agrees with a smile.
Toya is either featured in or has an alternate vocal of the SEKAI versions of the following songs:
|Song Name||Composer||Date Released|
|Traffic Jam||Niru Kajitsu||06/30/2021|
|Akuma no Odorikata||Tatsuya Kitani||10/08/2021|
|Song Name||Composer||Date Released|
- His voice actor, Itou Kent, used to be a VOCALOID producer. His producer name was 21SeikiP.
- He is the tallest Vivid BAD SQUAD member, and the second tallest in the game overall.
- He is good at crane games to the point of having difficulty with sorting the things he obtained through it.
- According to his introduction video, he has two older brothers, making him the youngest of the three. Toya learned to play the piano and violin together with his brothers.
- He doesn't like squid, hinting that it's the texture that makes him dislike it. Although, in response to Akito questioning if he doesn't like octopus for the same reason, he explains that both the flavor and texture of the suckers make it different to squids.
- Toya and Mochizuki Honami have certain similar things with Tenma sibling relationships :
- They are the closest to the Tenma siblings (Saki to Honami and Tsukasa to Toya).
- In the event of 'The Tenma Household's Hinamatsuri', they were the ones who made Saki and Tsukasa reconcile.